Some of my favorite recents reads, coincidentally all by female authors. Let’s read more and do better.
1. The Power Written by a mentee of Margaret Atwood, this book is a feminist prose for the new age. It switches the script gendered power and forces you to rethink what it actually means to be in control.
2. Preistdaddy Hilarious, beautifully written art. Poetry in memoir form.
3. Fates and FuriesOne of my favorite books of all time, the perfect combination of narrative and artful writing. You will need to read at least twice.
4. Heart TalkCleo Wade is my hero. You’ve probably seen her work on Instagram and this book is a perfect collection of poems and life wisdom. I read this right before I go to sleep or first thing in the morning to get my shit together.
5. Dear Madam PresidentI cry like every time I read this book. Written shortly after the 2016 presidential election this is an ode to leadership and womanhood that has never been more timely. I use it as an instruction book for daily living as well as aspirational goal setting. Important, important, important.