I’ve been living in Prague for two weeks. I understand the phrase culture shock. I’ve gotten lost and yelled at and questioned and learned a lot. Things are different here. Small things and big things and medium-sized things. Things you don’t really notice until everyone else in the restaurant is staring at you and things that give life jazz. Here are a few of Prague’s things:
- Doors open the opposite direction
- You have to pay for tap water
- Drinking fountains do not exist
- You aren’t supposed to smile at strangers
- You might have to pay to use the bathroom
- Pastries are so cheap!
- Crosswalks are called “zebra crossings”
- McDonald’s is better
- People walk everywhere
- Dogs wear coats a lot
I’m a fan.